Floating row covers are made from polypropylene non-woven fabric that covers your plants to deter pests, protect against high winds, or extend the growing season by retaining heat while still being lightweight, breathable, and durable. Its main characteristics are as follows:
- Keep warm. The transmittance of non-woven fabric to long wave is lower than that of plastic film. Because the radiation area at night mainly relies on long-wave radiation, the covering insulation effect is outstanding.
- Breathing and humidity control. It consists of filaments stacked into a network, with high porosity, air permeability, water permeability and automatic humidity regulation.
- Shade and freeze. Covered with colored non-woven fabric has different shading and freezing effects.
- Anti-aging. The thicker the fabric, the lower the strength loss rate and the longer the service life.
Plant row covers protect your plants and come in a variety of thicknesses: 0.55 oz/sq., 0.95 oz/sq., 1.2 oz/sq., 2.0 oz/sq. for year-round use.
The row cover fabric can be used to resist harsh weather such as frost, wind, snow, hail in winter, and can also be used to promote plant growth, advance the harvest date and extend the growing season.
Plant cover for winter protects your vegetables such as tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins, strawberry rows, fruit trees, citrus and shrubs, flowers as well as vegetables newly sown in winter, helping to improve quality and yield.
Garden row cover prevent insects from disturbing your vegetables. They are easy to use. You can cover the plant directly over the plant and secure it with stones, soil, or nails. You can also use a hoop to support the floating row cover, leaving enough room for the plant to breathe and grow.
Our plant float covers are available in a variety of sizes and colors.
Some suggestions for using floating row covers:
- Choose non-woven floating row cover fabricsthat are light in weight and have good light transmittance and can be lifted as crops grow. Choose heavy-weight non-wovenfloating row cover fabrics that play a role in thermal insulation, block cold wind, frost and snow, and extend the growing season.
- Try to open during the day and cover at night, which is conducive to increasing the photosynthesis of agricultural vegetables
- When growing seedlings, if the plastic film and the cover are used together, the non-woven fabric is suitable for covering the inside of the plastic film, which plays the role of heat preservation and moisture absorption.
- Storage method for repeated use: After the floating row cover is used, it should be washed and dried in time and placed in a cool place to prevent direct sun and avoid aging.